Saturday, July 30, 2005

Travel Plans

So . . . the A/C is busted and it's over 90 degrees in the house . . . so if I stop making sense blame the heat.

I got my travel plans for Honolulu in the mail yesterday. Now don't get me wrong, I'm VERY EXCITED about this trip and the marathon, however the travel plans didn't thrill me. I admit, I was disappointed.

I want to fly out on the 9th, run the marathon on the 11th, and then stay several days to enjoy Hawaii in December! And I was told I could extend my stay up to seven days. But what the folks at AIDS Marathon do is extend the trip on both sides of the marathon . . . and that's just too many days of being in Hawaii and having to be on my best behavior! NO CAN DO!

So, I think I'm going to book my own flight and figure it out from there. In fact, on our 12-miler today (an excellent run by the way), my teammates and I were ALL of like mind and it appears we will all be booking our own flights. Besides, this way I can travel with the friends who have expressed an interest in going with me. :) And that will be much more fun.

Hard to believe it's time to think about booking flights. Hard to believe we almost ran 1/2 marathon today. Hard to believe August is just around the corner. Hard to believe I'm going to Hawaii in just over 4 months. ALOHA!

No comments: