Saturday, July 23, 2005

Missed Miles and Make-up

I have to be honest and say I missed my 10-mile run this morning.

As is typical in final weekends of the run of a show (Merry Wives closes this weekend), I want to cram in as much socializing as I can before the cast and crew move on to new shows, new homes, or new adventures. So, a friend of mine who came to see the show and I decided to find our way to Lizzy Izzy's Bar in Baltimore with a many of the cast and crew and a few more friends who came to the show.

After getting not-so-clear directions to the bar, a not-so-short detour through the projects (where my friends in the car following me thought they would die), and a not-so-nice comment on my show hair we managed to find our way into the crowded, smokey bar.

A few beers, an order of jalapeno poppers, and quite a bit of LOUD conversation later it was nearly 1:00 am - time to head home.

Ah, the long drive home. The good news is it's a much shorter drive home than there . . . none-the-less, it is nearly an hour's drive home which means I dropped my friend off around 1:45 am. I had to sprint from my car to the house to just miss the deluge of rain that followed and managed to fall into bed about 2:00 am. I then enjoyed quite a thunder and lightening storm through my skylights.

Needless to say, 3 hours of sleep is not conducive to a 10-mile run. So . . . I need to make up the mileage. Tomorrow? Unlikely . . . it's another late night tonight (remember, I cramming in years worth of socializing in a weekend). Monday? Umm . . . CAST PARTY Sunday night - 'nuf said.

So I'm looking at a Tuesday 10-miler. Anybody care to join me?

2 comments:

SAS said...

One word.

BELLY DANCERS!!!!!!

SAS said...

Or ummm, two words.