Monday, August 01, 2005

If You Can't Stand the Heat . . .

. . . go get Margaritas!

Okay, so that's not the expression but after two days of no A/C and going on a third I'm ready just to sit in a cold Mexican restaurant and drink frozen margaritas.

Yeah, the A/C guy finally came today and we need a new fan for the compressor which won't be in until tomorrow. ACK. Last night was so damn hot. I realize it could have been so much hotter, but I think today is going to make that a possibility tonight. It's already 90 degrees in the house . . . and it's just now noon.

Frankly, the whole weekend is driving me to drink - well, not ALL of it, but I did get a flat tire and had to have that taken care of. Plus, there's a mouse in the house we can't get rid of because if we bait a trap we basically invite every ant in DC to the house for a snack. The dogs chase it when they see it, but aren't fast enough to catch it and kill it. Time to borrow a cat.

So, though I wasn't going to go into work, I am now. I spent the morning weeding the garden in prep for the LUAU . . . which is still nearly two weeks away, but I'm going away for a few days to visit my parents in Massachusetts so it had to be done now.

Ahhh . . . the ice box office. I think today will be the first day I DON'T complain about it being too cold in there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...until an hour or so from now and then we will all be complaining about how cold it is in here!