Saturday, August 20, 2005

Confessions of a Biker Boy Addict

It's true - there is a special allure to a biker boy.

For me it's less of the Harley riding, trash talking, long-haired type and more of the James Dean type. I won't deny I am attracted to the bad boy.

My first boyfriend (for all intents and purposes, but I use that term loosely here) was a biker boy. He had longer hair, an earring, smoked, and drove a Kawasaki. He was my dream and my mother's nightmare. In fact, my mother's dislike of him only added to his appeal. He was utterly cool and I knew then I had a problem.

I have dated others with bikes. In college I dated a guy with a crotch-rocket, a la Tom Cruise. On our way home from the beach one day, we flew down the highway chasing a Ferrari - turns out we were going 140 mph (note to siblings reading this - do not tell Mom)! It was FABULOUS. Out of college one of the loves of my life bought a bike while we were dating. I even got to help him pick out the bike and advise him on the color of the paint job. It was a thing of beauty - and so was he on it. Fast forward to the not so distant past. This last guy I didn't exactly DATE, but he was young and pretty and irresistible on his bike. Dark and brooding, much like my high school biker boy, and oh so dangerous for so many reasons (which in my book means PERFECT); I just had to have a fix.

Fast forward a little more and my sister is now MARRIED to a biker guy. He's the clean-cut military type but still . . . my conservative, soccer mom sister gets a guy on a Harley and is now sporting leather pants and a leather jacket! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE UNIVERSE?????

I am, as I have made abundantly clear, still single. And, as I have also made abundantly clear, I'm good with that most of the time.

This is NOT one of those times. It's the end of summer and school's about to start and I always think back on my biker boys this time of year. I need to feel the wind in my hair and my arms around the waist of a man, not caring where we're going just that we're going there fast.

Since I have not been able to find a biker boy on my own in a while . . . and here's my confession . . . I am back in the world of computer dating. UGH. Perhaps my less than enthusiastic approach is only making things worse for me here, yet somehow my version of the biker boy is hard to find online. Of course, my version also requires he's not incarcerated, unemployed, fifty-five years old, or a devotee of NASCAR (and NO, I don't think all of those go together . . . all the time).

SIGH. Is it too much to ask for a decent, self-sufficient, smart, funny, thrill-seeking, city-dwelling, talented, with money to blow, pretty man on a bike?

But I keep searching for that cowboy on a steal horse . . . BON JOVI!!!!

Somehow I don't think I'll find HIM online. As for any others, I'm starting to think I've let them all go . . . at least all the good ones.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's time to buy your own bike. Just a thought....
(I know, I know, money, money, money, blah, blah, blah)

Perhaps we'll find you a biker boy in Hawaii...;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm telling Mom...