Friday, August 12, 2005

Luau Prep

It has been a busy day of LUAU prep, folks! And it's only going to get busier!!

My housemate is beyond excited and I'm not sure what to expect when I get home to the pink house. What started as tater tots and pig on a stick has become a nearly authentic Luau meal! Here is the menu:

Appetizers
Cabbage Salad
Sticky rice (or maybe carmel sweet potatoes)
Fruit salad in pineapple boat
Shrimp cocktail
Cheese & bread
Chips & Salsa & & Queso
KALUA PIG oh yeah baby
Lomi Salmon
Cake
Chocolate covered macadamia nuts
Soda
Punch
Beer
Cucumber water

What happened to finger food? THIS IS SO MUCH BETTER! And I'm so happy she is all over this party as my schedule kinda sucks for helping much.

Tonight I shop and then either help decorate or prepare food (I can't believe we're having Kalua Pig). Tomorrow morning I run 14 miles - with a heat advisory out and a team that once again ran too fast last week (good thing I was in Mass running on my own). I guess we'll see how it goes. I feel ready for it, but honestly I worry about the heat. That always seems to take it out of me. At least our muscles stay warm - that's a positive. You gotta look for them wherever you can. :) Then the rest of the day tomorrow is dedicated to the Luau. Fortunately, the fun begins at 8pm and I'm planning on imbibing immediately.

So things are busy in marathon land.

T minus 28 hours and counting . . .

No comments: