Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Please pass the wine . . . or beer.

Yippee! I have been given the green light to DRINK!

Okay, okay . . . I realize in MODERATION . . . and I shouldn't stay up or out till the wee hours . . . I really don't party as much as I lead on.

I'm just relieved I can partake a little with no guilt. Denial is another thing I'm not so good at (yes, I ended the sentence with a preposition). I like to enjoy what life has to offer - eat with gusto, drink with passion, live with abandon. Life is too short and if you truly go around only once (or once that you remember) then I think my "motto" serves me well. I enjoy risk and pushing my limits. A little danger in life is good for me.

I'm not saying be stupid and play chicken with a train . . . not my style (though I recall doing it a few times in Kentucky on my way to the theatre). I'm saying try things that make your heart race a little: skydive, trestle jump, run a horse (these I've done), parasail, surf (things I need to do - and will in Hawaii!).

So please pour me another . . . CHEERS!

2 comments:

SAS said...

That's fabulous!

Anonymous said...

That is GREAT news - especially since the luau is in 2 days!!!!