Friday, June 27, 2008

Finally Freon - Take 2

Okay, so turning on the A/C didn't turn out well.

My friends arrived, but it wasn't really getting any cooler in the house and when I finally sat down to join them for libations, I felt HOT air coming out of the vents. Hmmm . . . some thing's wrong with that.

But then a few minutes later it turned "cool" (I use that term very loosely) and so we continued our conversation. Another few minutes later, HOT air. Then COOL. Then HOT. Then COOL. UGH!

So when they left, I gave up and opened the windows again and to my relief (and the critters), the place cooled down naturally.

The next morning, I got up and decided to throw the dirty dishes in the dishwasher. There were enough of them to justify it (I normally hand wash) so I placed everything in the dishwasher, add the detergent, and turn on the dishwasher. Nothing happens. HUH? I try again. Still nothing. Oh brother!

So the morning before I am to leave on my two week vacation my A/C and my dishwasher are broken. Needless to say, I make a call to my property management immediately.

In spite of my previous adventures with my property management, they sent the A/C guy out right away. Turns out, the thermostat was doing something funny (duh) and the HEAT was turning on! I wasn't losing my marbles after all. So he goes out to buy a new thermostat - a programmable, energy saving one God love him! - and fixes the problem. But the air still isn't very cold.

So he investigates some more and sure enough - the A/C needed freon as well! So the home is finally has freon for real.

I'm still waiting on the dishwasher.

No comments: