Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Plugged In

Well I am finally "plugged in" at my new home and so happy! I no longer need to go to the library to check my e-mail (though I still plan on visiting regularly).

It is amazing how isolated I feel without Internet service at home. Though my phone was a good temporary substitute, there is nothing like sitting down to a full size keyboard and looking at a full size screen while surfing or connecting with friends. And frankly, the phone wasn't 100% reliable when it came to e-mail.

Maybe it's just the move and all but being far away from friends and family doesn't get easier over time . . . it gets harder for me. I look forward to checking my e-mail every day and reading friends' blogs. And quite often I am able to IM with friends which feels nearly like talking on the phone with them.

Speaking of which, I broke down and go a land line again. I just had to . . . I was WAY over my minutes the past two months on my cell and the bills are killer. The land line is UNLIMITED long distance and that makes me wildly happy knowing I can talk to my friends as long as I like (or as long as they'll put up with me) and not worry about the bill. The phone doesn't arrive for another week though.

So until then . . . it's e-mail, IMs, and blogs. Three cheers for being plugged in!

No comments: