Thursday, June 26, 2008

Finally Freon

Today I finally broke down and turned on the AC. In fact, I turned it on no more than 10 minutes ago.

I debated not turning it on, but in the end decided it was time for a couple of reasons. The first reason being that friends are coming over tonight for margaritas and snacks and it might be more pleasant for them (the heat bothers them a lot more than it does me); the second reason being I am leaving for my vacation on Saturday and I figured ultimately having the house closed up and the air on would be easier for my pet-sitter. No rain blowing in to worry about, no animals too hot to worry about, etc.

I actually like not using the AC. I like just the fans going and the windows open - even in the heat we've been having the past few days. And I'm pretty sure the cats prefer it. They can lounge on nearly any window sill in the house (and there are about 25 of them). Even Bea will lounge happily on a sill next to Henry. I worry this new change will upset the new balance the cats have found, but oh well. I can be pretty certain Zoe will be happier!

No comments: