Saturday, May 14, 2005

Saturday Morning

Well, it's Saturday morning. Time to rest, relax, enjoy the start of the day and a mug or ten of coffee. And I'm actually doing that THIS Saturday morning because starting June 11th, I sacrifice my Saturday mornings to my training.

Why am I not running THIS Saturday morning? Well, truth be told I'm pretty tired after this nutty week. And I'm also taking care of my housemate's dog while she's out of town and her dog is even LESS enthusiastic about running than Zoe. Yeah excuses, excuses! I guess I'm making excuses but we're just going to have to deal with that. So . . . I'm back to running next weekend.

I really love restful mornings. My friends might call me a morning person, but truth be told I've only come to enjoy the morning due to having a dog. It doesn't mean I'm pleasant or thrilled to roll out of bed early every day! I've learned to embrace the quiet of morning and puttering around in the garden after walking (or running!).

Ahhhhhhhhh . . . the restful sound of the chainsaw! Well . . . thus ends my pleasant morning. I have errands to run anyway. Tonight is opening night and with the crazy schedule I've had since beginning this gig last weekend, I have neglected the important daily duties of a household (i.e. laundry, groceries, cleaning)! Time to get going and get busy.

Please don't give up on me! I will get serious about my training. I just need to find a rhythm in my schedule and that hasn't been possible this past week.

More to come . . .

No comments: