Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Hot Yoga

I've decided to try this "Hot Yoga" or Bikram Yoga as part of my cross-training. A friend of mine is a devotee, and though not long ago I practiced yoga regularly, my time and money ran out and it has been some time since I've pulled out my beloved mat. My best marathon times happened when I was practicing regularly. So in a couple of weeks, when my Monday night teaching finally ends I can give this a try. And unlike the woman in the article, I LIKE the idea of HOT space. I'm always cold (I'm cold right now - even with a space heater pointed directly at me). I used to wear socks and turtlenecks to practice yoga. This could be ideal.

My cross-training will also include swimming. I hope. Eastern Market has a great pool and if I can squeeze some laps in twice a week, I'm good to go.

Of course I have my daily walk with Zoe. The training program stresses a day off, but when you have a dog there is no such thing as a day off (I understand kids are that way, too - I'm not ready to test that theory but THAT subject will have to wait for an entry of its own). And you can just forget about sleeping in - ever. Sleeping in to me is 8 A.M. - but Zoe is worth the sleep deprivation.

No comments: