Thursday, July 31, 2008

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

Yesterday I said good-bye to Buster as he went to a new home.

I wept and continue to cry on and off.

Funny how these animals enter your heart and take hold. I miss his clowning around, stealing cat toys, and joyful disposition. I miss hearing his little legs run around on hardwood floor. I miss watching him race around the yard in wild play with Stella. I miss him following me from room to room. I miss waking up to him sleeping in the catbed next to me.

But I know he is in a good, loving home and ultimately my life will be easier. Emptier, yes, but easier.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...that was fast!
Were you able to track his owners? or was this someone new?
It's hard parting from any of our pets, especially when we bond so quickly...I can both empathize and sympathize...
Brian

lifestudent said...

Yeah! Whats the story? One minute is mass flea-bathing, next its off to a new home (hopefully flee free!). What happened in between?