Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Please Can I Keep Her?


So the stray whisperer hasn't lost her magic apparently.

Yup. I found her a short while ago - skittish, skinny, and collarless. And beyond that, she has recently had puppies. Not so recent that she would still be nursing but recent enough you could tell. I was riding my bike home from work and as I approached the yard she was in, she bolted across the street, scared. I got off my bike and just started chatting with her and before I knew it, she was sitting next to me letting me pet her.

She is SWEET! Once I gained her trust, I got her inside my gate (that was tricky - I had to leave the bike behind and retrieve it later) and fed her (it was time to feed all the critters anyway). Then I introduced her to Zoe, which went very well, and took them both for a walk on the same leash. Sounds crazy, I know, but it's pretty easy as I've had to do it before! When we got back, I got her inside - very carefully 'cause Zoe is still pretty territorial - and penned her up in my laundry room.

So . . . I called the Humane Society (the only shelter in town) and left a message because it was after hours - of course!

What next? I guess I call the Humane Societies further away and check and then I poster the area and some local vets.

Oy vey.

I have a funny feeling I just ended up with another dog.

Any name suggestions? I kinda like Stella.

4 comments:

Hillary said...

You know you're keeping her.

Anonymous said...

she looks like a pit...and undersized...we've got one in the building who is the swwetst thing and wants to play with the cats (she has three cats in her apartment), but of course, ours aren't very dog friendly...
Good luck!
PS - Stella's a great name...
Brian

lifestudent said...

Oh so cute. I always want another dog. I hope I have the same luck ... one comes finding me :) Its like destiny!

Anonymous said...

I think Stella is a great name. Zoe would probably like another dog around to help the balance of power.
She looks like she is very happy that she found you.
Janet