Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Bumbles and Stinky Poopy Pants


So when my brother and I were running at the beach last week, he asked me why everybody else on my blog has a cool nickname but I refer to him just as "my brother."

I teased him and said I'd give him a nickname - did he like Stinky Poopy Pants?

He laughed and said brother was just fine.

Later in the week, he compared himself to the Bumble in Rudolf the Red Nosed Raindeer because he was able to put something up on the wall quite high up without help. I laughed and said he was also the Bumble because he BOUNCED (remember, Yukon Cornelius says when they survive the great fall, "Don't you know, Bumbles bounce!"). Then I said I could call him Bumble.

He made a funny face and said brother was just fine.

But it got me thinking. He deserves a cool nickname. Now, I'm hardly objective, but my brother is a cool guy. He's loyal, kind, funny, a good father and husband, a hard worker, and all around decent human being. I have fun with him now that we're "grown up" and not at each other's throats all the time (there were some trying years of dodgin hockey pucks and and getting checked into walls). So I'm looking for a good nickname.

Any suggestions?

If not, he's stuck with Stinky Poopy Pants or Bumble.

2 comments:

lifestudent said...

I am still trying to get over the fact that you know the name of "Bumble" from Rudolph! I guess I dont remember ever hearing it. Now I gotta go google.

Anonymous said...

Well...the Bumble didn't have a name...he was just a "bumble," since I don't think Yukon could actually pronounce "abominable."
And there's nothing he liked more than a pork dinner..."oink oonk oink."

You could always call your brother "Hermie," if he ever wanted to be a dentist...
Brico