Monday, January 05, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Okay, so I missed yesterday's update . . . but frankly after my 11 hour drive all I wanted to do was get settled back into the house, feed the critters, feed me, and CRASH. Which was pretty much all I did. Oh, and call some folks to let them know I was home.

Yesterday was a long day of driving. But, as PhD wished, the dog gate made a HUGE difference! Buster managed to weasel his way forward once, but when I stopped at a rest area to walk the dogs, I returned him to the back and plugged the "holes" he could escape through. From then on, all was quiet and safe. The cats were crated and, for the most part, all animals slept most of the trip.

So I am getting a slow start this Monday. I have taken the dogs to the park, finished unpacking, gone through the mail, and started my grocery list . . . but those aren't really even on my "to-do" list! And it's 11 AM. SIGH. Well, I decided yesterday that today would be my "take care of house things" day: unpacking, organizing for the upcoming year, grocery shopping, etc. So even though I am not moving quickly, I am moving in the right direction.

Tomorrow I return to campus. My list there is long and really must get done: respond to student grade complaints (pain in the ass - there are two of them), prep this coming semester's syllabi, plan for a conference I'm attending in March, and get back on the job hunt.

Though I'm mostly calm, I am starting to get a little concerned. I didn't make the finalist list for a job in Connecticut . . . so that has me concerned. And I still haven't heard from the others. Plus, with all the craziness this semester, I've missed some deadlines. So I really MUST get my act together and get some applications in! That will be later in the week.

I also need to prep for my callback in St. Louis. That happens on Sunday. I'm a bit nervous . . . it has been some time since I've auditioned! But I'm looking forward to seeing the fight guy and just exercising my audition muscle.

Finally, I need to spend some time with my Oedipus translation! I mean, I go into rehearsal in a MONTH. I am not even close to ready. Still, I know I'll get there . . . I just need the time and quiet to do it.

But that's all in the days to come. For now, I am just happy I am home in my sweet home.

No comments: