Friday, June 24, 2005

Zero Balancing

Yesterday I was zero balanced by a good friend.

I don't know if it was because he knows me so well or not, but it was a surprisingly emotional experience for me. I had never been zero balanced before and did not know what to expect.

A word came up in our session - "safe". Remember that fairy card I drew? Would you call it coincidence? Perhaps, but I find it a bit too thematic to simply be a coincidence.

Be it my Gremlin or my distractions - something was filling me with a kind of fear or insecurity. Pinpointing the exact trouble wasn't easy. I don't often remain still or silent long enough to be able to label it.

Yesterday changed that.

Today I am feeling better, safer, stronger - back to zero - which for me is an open, fluid place.

I hear Cold Play sing "take me back to the start" from the song The Scientist and it makes sense. How often do we want to go back to the start - in any area of our life? A new beginning. A rebirth. A jumping-off place. An empty threshold. It holds promise and adventure. It isn't scary, but exciting.

THAT'S ZERO.

No comments: