Monday, June 20, 2005

Discipline and Distractions

Well, clearly I have been DISTRACTED. It has been some time since I've updated you all on my progress. Finally, I have the time this morning.

All is going very well, actually - just busy! I have been keeping up with my running and the hot yoga - still trying to figure out how to fit swimming into my routine. I have started training with the other AIDS marathoners and my team is very small and social - just the way I like it! I am the only one of the group (that I've met - two were absent this past weekend) that has previously run a marathon. It seems very strange to be the only one, but hopefully I will have a few helpful hints to pass along to them. Joining up with the other runners has really made a difference in the way I approach the discipline required to get the training done. I am excited again!

Rehearsals are in full swing and I'm really enjoying the entire process (no comments from the BOBs please). I laugh a great deal and continue to learn so I can't imagine a better way to make a living.

NIH is going well, too, but I'll be relieved when July rolls around and we are down to one class a week. Juggling the teaching, Folger, and rehearsals leaves me with too little free time. Today - equity day off - I will spend trying to get completely off book. We'll see which wins out - discipline or distraction!

No comments: