Saturday, June 25, 2005

Team Tegla


I just returned from another training run with Team Tegla. It's a GREAT group and I'm so pleased to have lucked out a second time with this program. We ran an easy five today . . . and all left feeling good. I definitely think I've made the right decision in going through the training program again. My running is re-energized: I'm feeling disciplined and excited.

I would say we are all in our twenties or thirties - I may very well be the oldest. In spite of a narrow age range, it is a pretty diverse group. We have an Argentinian and a German in our group, and there are 3 women and 4 men. Two of the men are married and the other two are gay - so I guess I can concentrate on my RUNNING. ;-) The other women are single, like me. We are all talkers for which I am so thankful! It makes the miles go faster and with less pain. Right now it's not a big deal, but when we get to 15+ miles it will mean all the world to my success.

Team Tegla trains at a 10:00 minute/mile pace . . . which is very comfortable . . . actually pretty slow. However, I think it's perfect for my training pace. It means I should easily run at 9:00 minute/mile pace and with the advanced training speed work I might even get faster. So my goal is certainly POSSIBLE.

Next week the group scatters for the 4th of July weekend. I won't be there as we are in tech for Merry Wives. Others have big travel plans. So we all meet up again in two weeks. Hard to believe July is upon us!

I wonder how chatty Team Tegla will be come August.

No comments: