Friday, June 10, 2005

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow . . .

I begin my training "officially"! I'm very excited . . . it's an easy three-miler to figure out what pace group I'll be placed in. This will determine the people I spend the next six months running with and getting to know.

I was so spoiled by my pace group five years ago! I ran in the "Galloway" group and met the most terrific people. We were definitely a social bunch and I really enjoyed my time on the canal with them. I hope to be as fortunate this time around.

My biggest concern now is not the running but the fundraising! I'm not even a quarter of the way there and need to be finished by August 31st. Well, the Luau is still to come and I will send out a second and third letter to remind people so I'm not going to panic just yet.

Of course I still haven't gotten all of my "gear." I just don't seem to have the time! My current shoes will survive the month, but after that I definitely need to replace them. I also need some new clothes, a new water bottle, and if I can swing the money I would also like the recommended watch.

Hard to believe the beginning is here!

I'm still adjusting to my crazy schedule. I don't have a clue how I'll get my other two days of cross-training in. I'm still really hoping to work in a swim twice a week - I just need to find the hours! Sometimes there really aren't enough hours in a day.

No comments: