Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwiches



All I have to say is YUMMY! A friend of mine recently re-introduced me to this childhood favorite and I'm an addict. I eat it every day for breakfast with a homemade fruit smoothie and frankly I think it's the best way to start the day. And it's excellent training food - just read any running magazine.

Speaking of training, I went for a maintenance run this morning with Zoe. What a good girl she was! She ran the entire way - not fast but in this heat I don't need fast. As per ususal, we stopped at the fountains and she hit the hill with me after. GOOD DOG!

This weekend I will not be able to run with Team Tegla as a friend is celebrating a birthday Friday night and the party promises to be fun and late. So I will be making up the six miles on Sunday. Perhaps Zoe would be game to join me at the Canal. And if she runs like she did today I will reward her with some of her own peanut butter and banana sandwich!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just catching up on your blog after the trip...I always liked peanut butter and cucumber--for the extra crunch. Remember the good old days at the House for Coffee? I could actually get that one guy to make me pb and cuke sandwishes as part of their lunch special...the banana is probably better training food--need to share a new dessert recipe with you that's Cocoa-Banana, simple, good for you, and sounds DIVINE.