Saturday, June 30, 2007

Arrivals & Departures

I have reached my destination . . . well, almost. After a busy morning of last minute packing and cleaning, I hopped in my car and drove the 100 plus miles to Midway. Once I found a parking space (not an easy feat even following the shuttle) I got on the aforementioned shuttle for the quick trip to the airport. Frankly, I don't think I could have survived a longer trip as I had been crossing my legs the last 30 miles of drive. Once in the airport and relieved of my morning coffee I checked my bags and waited. I find airport waiting to be among the worst. You're either anticipating a vacation or dreading going home. Or maybe you're waiting for a loved one (or there is the dreadful 5 hour wait for your charter bus home when you have the stomach flu). No matter what the circumstances airport waiting is a drag. I nearly finish my magazine while sitting on the floor (the joy of
waiting for a Southwest flight) before we finally get to board. Of course it's a full flight and I am sitting next to a child. Yippee. My consolation is the flight is short and the child is probably 5. We sit at the gate at least 15 minutes (more waiting) and finally taxi to the runway. As we sit in line to take off, the captain explains a bag has been left on the plane by a previous passener and we're GOING BACK to get it to him or her. Excuse me? My luggage has failed to arrive with me on countless occasions but delivery means the next day if I'm lucky! (So mobile blogs have limits.)

No comments: