Thursday, July 05, 2007

Fire & Ice

So far this vacation has been a combination of hot and cold - fire and ice. Fire - the sunburn I got on the first day at the beach. Ice - the margarita I enjoyed that night. Fire - my eyes burning from the sunscreen I used the next day. Ice - the drop in temperature at night. Fire - the hot coffee I enjoy on the deck each morning. Ice - the gelato I ate with friends in Portland. Fire - the ants that stung my feet and butt at the Audobon trail with same friends (ouch). Ice - the actual ice I put on the ant bites. Fire - the real, multiple alarm fire on the boardwalk that canceled our 4th fireworks. Ice - the yummy homemade, hand churned ice cream we had for the 4th picnic. Fire - how warm I get running with 'the boys' every morning but two. Ice - what I have to do to my shins after those runs. Nearly five days down, two to go . . . more fire and to come!

No comments: