Saturday, June 02, 2007

4 100's, 2 200's, 1 400 and Back Again

So on Thursday I returned to the speed training. I thought it was going to pour as it had been raining all day . . . no such luck. Instead the sun came out and it was like being in a sunny steam room. Blech.

We jogged to one of the local University's track and Coach P gave us our instructions. We started with a light 100M jog and then sprinted 100M and repeated that three times . . . then jogged 200M and sprinted 200M and repeated it . . . and then jogged a full 400M to follow it with a 400M sprint.

We got to rest then . . . briefly.

Then we got to do the same thing only in the reverse order!

By the final 100M I was pretty wiped out and my Gremlin was reminding me of my horrible speed workouts way back in high school. Once that Gremlin gets going it's hard to shut him up.

But after another brief rest, we jogged back to our usual meeting place and chatted for a few minutes. I'm always amazed at how quickly I recover now. And THAT shuts the Gremlin right up. I may not have been an "athlete" in high school, but I've come a long way baby - 6 times over!!!

No comments: