Monday, October 24, 2005

What's In A Name?

We named Kitty today.

Beatrice Yatima - means "bringer of joy" "orphan".

Beatrice is also a great character from Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing and . . . I hesitate to say it . . . my grandmother's name. The Shakespeare element seems appropriate since I work in the theatre as does the new daddy in NYC. It's also works with her new step-siblings: Ariel (The Tempest) and Harald (who they call Prince Hal I believe).

I was given the go ahead by the future parents in NYC since she will be with me for a couple of more months and I didn't want to call her "Kitty" for that length of time.

At least her vet record won't say "stray" anymore!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!
(as much fun as it is to say, "itty bitty city kitty" was getting a little tired. Can't wait to see Beatrice again!

Anonymous said...

I think that's a great name! She does look kinda like a Beatrice. You're going to have her a couple more months, really? That's fun for the BOB's! (but not so much for Zoe...)