Tuesday, October 18, 2005

One Week

One more week left with my new baby and then she's off to be a BIG CITY KITTY!

I will be so sad to see her go. She is doing remarkably well now. Her eyes have cleared up, the worms are gone, she is eating - A LOT, and the fleas dying in the daily bath diminish in numbers. The only thing still troubling her is her upper respiratory infection - she is still coughing and sneezing. Poor thing.

Put she's curious and fearless - nothing fazes her - not even the two big dogs sharing her living space. I still have to keep Zoe from hunting her, but Sandy has adjusted quite well to Kitty and appears to want to mother her. It's damn cute.

Kitty has been exploring a lot the past several days. She's checked out the garden, the study, my bedroom, my bathroom, and my office. Her favorite toys are some string tied together and a paper ball (we love homemade toys!). She is getting more skilled at stalking and pouncing and loves to crawl under spaces and disappear.

She is also a love. At this very moment she is curled up in my lap sleeping. This morning, after a very early breakfast, she joined me back in bed and slept on the pillow curled up to my neck. ADORABLE! Her favorite perch is anybody's shoulder so she can survey her kingdom.

My parents met her over the weekend and my mother fell in love. She said she loves ANY baby. She cuddled her and took a bunch of pictures.

Hard to believe she'll be gone in a week. I'm going to miss her more than I care to think. I know she is going to the best home, but there is a part of me that desperately wants her to stay with me. Surely Zoe would adjust - wouldn't she? Hardly. She's already so jealous she barely leaves my side on walks. She still looks at Kitty like she's a squirrel. And she still grabs at her when she sees any opening.

SIGH. So I must give her up. Like the expression says, "If you love something, set it free." It's funny to think of loving something so much you let it go . . . perhaps a lesson to be learned in other areas of my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The BOB's are going to miss her, too!!!