Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fat Tuesday and Fatigue

They're partying it up in NOLA today. I've never been there for Mardi Gras . . . but it's on the list. I love a good party and they seem to really do it right.

Of course, you'd never know I was a party girl of late. Seriously, I'm like Ma Kettle or Sleeping Beauty. I go to bed early and though I often rise early, my body is crying out to stay in bed. It's pretty ridiculous.

I have had a battle with fatigue off and on for several years now. I used to be fine on 5 hours a night and there were times in my life when I got less (grad school, for sure - but I remember many all night parties during a certain production of R&J). I honestly don't know what's happened to me. Is it age? Is it something else? If so, what? Last year I had my thyroid checked, but apparently sometimes you can have normal hormone levels and still have hypothyroidism. The more I read about it, the more concerned I am I might have it. And I'm not a hypochondriac by nature.

Of course, I also consume a fair amount of caffeine. Granted, it's not even close to what I used to consume, but it's not very healthy and might contribute to my fatigue. I should really do another detox, but I need a good week of free time for that so the earliest will be June.

Don't get me wrong, I still manage to get stuff done, but all I crave is sleep. It's a strange place for me to be.

Still, it's not keeping me from going out tonight! The Artist and I (and maybe others) are going to enjoy a little Mardi Gras of our own. I'll get my P90X done, go home to the critters real quick, and then head out. And though I've promised to not earn any beads the traditional way, who knows what might happen?

No comments: