Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Housing Available

Well, we've done it. My housemate and I have applied at the above link to temporarily house a victim of hurricane Katrina. Both of us are feeling very good about our decision and the fact that we have taken action. Who knows if anybody will actually take advantage of our small study, but at least we've made it available!

We've also applied to foster a dog! Neither of us could bear the stories we were reading about the rescue efforts of our four-legged family members and decided that, too, would be the right thing to do.

So we sit and wait and hope.

In the meantime, I got in an easy eight miles on Saturday and am preparing myself for 18 this Saturday.

I'm also steeling myself for the onslaught of work. Starting this week, I begin juggling three jobs while continuing to train, audition, and try to have a social life.

No luck with match.com thus far . . . not that I haven't had offers, but they haven't been any I've been interested in. Naturally, the one guy I'm interested in doesn't seem to be readily available in that I don't hear from him much.

That's about it from THIS filled in swamp. I have nothing to say about the village idiot running (or is it ruining?) the country because I have TOO MUCH to say about him. Where even to begin?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - I'm in awe of you two! I thought about housing someone, too, but with a possible move coming up decided that might not be such a good idea. Think I'll have to stick to writing a check whenever I can...