Saturday, August 09, 2008

Looking For Love


So, I'm in a new town with a new job, a new car, new pets, and a new (to me anyway) home. So what's missing??

A new man!!!

Yeah. I'm starting to feel the loneliness of the past two years away from DC. My social life has definitely suffered and though my new job gives me access to lots of pretty boys, it is unwise for me to actually DATE them.

So I am looking for love.

Where does one look for love these days? I mean, I'm without a wing-man for the bar scene and my work is either the aforementioned off-limits boys, married men - also off-limits, or men in other departments that I have no way of meeting. SIGH.

So I am once again back on-line.

I debated going back to match.com. I had a lot of fun dating boys from match and though none "stuck," I did meet some pretty decent fellows. But it's so overwhelming! And with all the new changes and challenges facing me, I decided I needed a more select group from which to choose. Why not get the service to choose for me?!

So I have listed with eHarmony. I know . . . I don't seem the type . . . not in the sense that I'm looking specifically for marriage (which in the past is what I felt a lot of eHarmony men were looking for). But they do a pretty thorough screening process so that I'm not inundated with options. The questionnaire seems to give you a chance to be brutally honest so I don't have to worry about "marketing" myself. And was I honest!

In the past, I may have tried to temper my answers. No more. I am 40 years old and pretty secure in who and what I am. Take it or leave it, I say. I don't NEED to be in a relationship. I just enjoy the company of men and would like to have more options on a Saturday night than ordering take out and watching cable or going to see a movie by myself.

So it's another adventure to add to my growing list.

I'll let you know what I find!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's something else to do on a saturday night other than order in and watch cable?
Hmm...I'll have to look into that further...
Bri

Anonymous said...

I'm single, 40, live in Boston, enjoy running and exercising. You're pretty cute. You shouldn't have a problem.