Thursday, September 04, 2008

Bumped Stump Jump

A few moments ago, I gave the planned Stump Jump race a definitive bump.

I'm bummed out.

I'm bummed because I really ENJOY running races! I especially enjoy it when family and friends join me (either as runners or spectators), which I can happily say is nearly all the time. This time round my brother and sister-in-law are running it and I so wanted to be there, too.

Sadly, I still haven't managed to find a way to get running back into my schedule.

Between the dogs and my new job schedule, I have little time for much else except an occasional social gathering in the evenings. Sure, I could run then, but I would have NO friends. And frankly, I've never been a fan of evening work-outs. My latest start time would have to be 6PM.

Now, starting next week, I am really hoping to work a work-out schedule into my routine but it won't be near soon enough to be ready for a hilly 11-miler in early October. SIGH. I know I've said this before, but I have found a FREE faculty/staff facility I can use on-campus and there are times I can work THAT into my schedule!

So . . . though I know "no" is a powerful and good word, and in some cases necessary, I'm just not so good at saying it. I have a Wonder Woman complex - I want to do it all.

But, as I am NOT the great WW, I must bump this stump jump. And I am in the dumps.

No comments: