Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Diagnosis and Dinner

Okay, so let's get the medical stuff out of the way first.

I had an x-ray taken and then met with Dr. W. Sure enough, you could see the fracture plain as day now that it's healing. Bizarre. Anyway, he tested the fracture with some pressure and it still hurts pretty badly in some places so I'm not out of the woods yet. I have to wear the boot for FOUR more weeks - yup, four. The good news is, I can now start to wean myself from the boot through the course of the day.

Yesterday, I liberated my leg to teach my movement class. It was fabulous! Sure, the leg is a little tender but I wasn't doing anything strenuous and was amazed at what a difference it makes to be rid of the boat on my leg. I will continue to make those kind of choices over the next four weeks and will see Dr. W. again in three. I'm on my way.

Now, dinner in the title refers to getting together with a Gentleman I hadn't seen in six years! Believe it or not, he was passing through this wasteland. He was an undergrad when I was in grad . . . handsome, fun, and all around nice guy. I'm happy to report he still is all of those things.

Anyway, he was passing through with his lady on his way home to LA (yeah, he's an actor) and we met up for some margaritas and Mexican food. His lady's sister-in-law joined us as she and her husband live in town. It was a little surreal to be perfectly honest.

I mean, the Gentleman was as wonderful as ever . . . but it wasn't easy catching up with two complete strangers (to me, anyway) with us. His lady is very nice, but appeared weary - either from her travels or from the chitchat - and I felt kinda bad. But I also really wanted to visit with him and I only had that one chance after six years.

Needless to say, we parted ways after a relative quick meal - just two hours. I see my colleague the Fight Guy regularly and our dinners often last hours and hours! I admit, I was a bummed out. I can't say why exactly. It's not like I'm close to the Gentleman. But I do consider him a friend and it seems strange to say good-bye after so short a visit. I suppose that feeling is intensified by the fact that I get FEW visitors. AND, we shared only ONE pitcher of ritas among the four of us! THAT'S NUTS!!!

So that's that. Meanwhile, my 15-year-old nephew is enjoying a week long WINE FESTIVAL in Spain!!! What is wrong with this picture????

No comments: