Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Next Day

Well, the final Margarita Monday was terrific - 3 pitchers, queso, guacamole, bean dip, salsa and a stunning night. My friends and I certainly enjoyed the evening.

I might be paying for it today. I have had a small headache all day - which might be due to the tequila, or might not. I had wild dreams all night - which might be due to the tequila, or might not. I clenched my jaw all night - which might be due to the dreams, or might not.

Regardless, it wasn't a happy start to the day.

I did, however, get up and RUN. I figured it couldn't hurt to purge my body of the toxins - alcoholic and non.

So Zoe and I took our usual route down East Capitol to the Congressional Fountains, up Capitol Hill, and back on Independence Ave. It wasn't a bad run per se, but Zoe's heart wasn't in it. It was warm and muggy . . . and though I've been running on vacation, she hasn't! So she's out of practice. Yet she's a trooper and hung in there. She managed to pick up her pace near the fountains and chasing a squirrel, but the rest of the run she plodded along behind me panting away.

Well, perhaps there are more toxins in me than I care to admit as I'm still pushing through with this mild headache. Ugh.

I'm hopeful that a quiet evening of laundry, closet cleaning, and packing will ease the headache. And perhaps, ease the stress for a more restful evening so that tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments: